Introducing the Local Business Playbook to Nextdoor
Local businesses make up the fabric of every neighborhood. Neighbors rely on these businesses just as much as the businesses rely on neighbors as their customers.
With all of the day-to-day tasks associated with running your business, finding time and resources to explore new marketing channels for your business can feel overwhelming.
But, having a presence on Nextdoor can help keep neighbors (your regular customers) in the loop about any changes your business is making, create an engaged community of brand advocates and loyal customers, and can help you keep your doors open.
Quick steps: How to use Nextdoor as a business
- Go to https://business.nextdoor.com/local
- Select ‘Sign up for Free’ or ‘Claim Your Free Business Page’.
- Select the business type that best describes you: ‘Professional Business’ or ‘Neighbor for Hire’.
- Create a new business account using your business email address or connect your new business account to your personal Nextdoor neighborhood account.
We developed this playbook as your step-by-step guide to get started using Nextdoor for business and includes tips on how to:
- Help establish a strong online presence with your free Business Page
- Grow recommendations from neighbors to become more visible in your neighborhood
- Engage with neighbors 1:1 using free Business Posts
- Learn how to promote your business and target a local customer base with Local Deals
For resources on how to use Nextdoor to stay connected with your local customers, pertinent news affecting businesses, and more, follow us at @nextdoorbusiness on Facebook.