This year, for most taxpayers, the filing deadline to submit 2022 tax returns (or an extension to file and pay tax owed) is Tuesday, April 18, 2023.
There’s no time like the present and getting a head start on taxes can help ease anxiety, minimize mistakes and potentially even lessen your tax burden.
Financial security and services are top of mind for Nextdoor neighbors:
Moreover, according to a recent survey:
- 53% of Neighbors said they have already started filing or plan to begin filing for taxes in the next couple of weeks, whereas 21% of neighbors said they would begin filing in March2
- Nearly 50% of Neighbors said they will choose a tax preparation firm or use an independent accountant to file taxes2
- Nearly 8 out of 10 Neighbors said they choose a tax preparation firm or use an independent accountant to file taxes to ensure their taxes are filed accurately by a trusted professional firm or accountant2
- 44% of Neighbors say they choose to file their taxes themselves or have their spouse do it because tax preparation firms or independent accountants are too expensive to use2
- TurboTax was the most popular software used by Neighbors to file their taxes (44%), with ease of use being the most important factor for choosing a tax preparation software (~6 in 10)2
- Depositing money in savings accounts and using money to buy something they needed are the top two things Neighbors did with their tax refunds from last year2
- Nearly 5 in 10 small business owners say they use an independent accountant to file their taxes2
There’s no shortage to the number of ways you can help Nextdoor neighbors start thinking about and planning for their financial future. Reach neighbors locally and help lessen the burden of tax season by offering services and support from your brand.
- Develop customized messaging for neighbors who have experienced big life changes such as adding a new addition to their family or starting a new job.
- Highlight resources your company is offering to generate interest including exclusive deals from local tax offices.
- Build an interactive experience for local neighbors which could include the branding of a local tax advisor and customized hyperlocal ads.
Learn more about how Nextdoor helps businesses convert neighbors into customers here: business.nextdoor.com/enterprise
Sources: 1GWI Core US 2022, 2Nextdoor Alida Survey Data, US, 02/15/2023 - 2/22/2023 *More likely than the average Internet user