Business Page Updates for the New Year
The new year is an opportunity to start anew. You know the adage: “New Year, new you”? Many people deep clean their homes, vow to eat healthier and exercise more, and set new goals for the year, all to help them get organized and stay focused. Why wouldn’t you apply the same discipline to your business?
As a business owner, take advantage of the new beginnings that come with the new year to do some housekeeping that will set your business up for success all year long. We recently launched new features for Business Pages to help local businesses build an online presence in their neighborhoods on Nextdoor.
Follow these 5 tips to make use of our new Business Page features and to keep your business current on Nextdoor this year:
1. Add a new cover photo. You can now add a cover photo that represents your business. Consider adding a photo of the interior or exterior of your business, of your product, or of something that represents your business. Now is also a good time to update your profile photo with your new headshot or logo.
2. Add multiple photos. You can now add photos to a photo gallery on your Business Page. Add eye-catching, high quality photos that represent your business, employees, or clients and customers. For example, you can add a photo of a home you recently helped sell, the new menu at your restaurant, or your employees volunteering at a community cleanup.
3. Ask for recommendations from clients or customers who you worked with over the holidays, or who may not have written their recommendation last year. Recommendations give credibility to your business, help set you apart from competitors, and are critical to many local businesses that rely on word-of-mouth referrals.
4. Tell your story. Share your founding story, your company’s mission, or what makes you different from other businesses like yours. Give neighbors a glimpse into what makes your company tick.
5. Update your contact information. Make sure your physical address, website, email address, phone number, and business hours are up-to-date so that customers can reach you when and where you’re available.
The new year is full of fresh opportunities for your business. Take advantage of the opportunity available to you on Nextdoor by creating your free Business Page today. Cheers to a successful and prosperous New Year!