There are a number of “odd jobs” for which neighbors may need help with this holiday season – from babysitting, to help with cleaning up the house or yard, to shoveling snow, to putting up holiday decorations, wrapping presents, and more. When there’s just an occasional need, it can be convenient to hire someone local to get the job done.
Are you a college student who is home for winter break and looking to earn some extra money? Or, do you have a skill that is especially useful at this time of year? As a Neighbor for Hire, you can use Nextdoor to promote your casual services to fellow neighbors who might need your help this season.
Promote yourself on Nextdoor as a Neighbor for Hire this season by following our tips:
- Claim your free Business Page. A Business Page on Nextdoor helps neighbors discover your services, learn more about you, send you private messages, and leave you recommendations. Make sure to complete your profile with a photo, contact information, and a greeting message that describes what you do and what sets you apart from your competition. Also note your limited availability so neighbors know they’ll need to take advantage of your services sooner than later!
- Gather recommendations from past clients. Recommendations give you credibility as a service provider and make your Business Page more discoverable through search results on Nextdoor. Ask anyone you have worked with in the past to recommend you on Nextdoor – you can send them the unique link to your Business Page, or they can search for you on Nextdoor to recommend you.
- Respond to requests when neighbors are looking for your services. If neighbors are seeking recommendations for the service you provide, chime in on the conversation and let them know they can contact you for their needs.
- Add your business affiliation to the Biography section of your personal profile so that neighbors can learn more about you and the services you provide.
- Run a Local Deal to promote a special offer for the holiday season. Local Deals can be shared with neighbors within a ten-mile radius, and are a great way to raise awareness for your services.
Utilizing Nextdoor to promote your services this season doesn’t just help your business, it helps your neighbors, too. Here’s to a successful – and neighborly – season!
Claim your free Business Page to get started on Nextdoor. For resources on how to use Nextdoor to stay connected with your local customers, pertinent news affecting businesses, and more, follow us at @nextdoorbusiness on Facebook.